Best Leaves for Green Grass Jelly
To make a green grass jelly, the leaves must be handpicked according to Ira Susanti who are used to having the tree in her backyard:
- The leaves must be thin and waiver because the thick and stiff ones would taste slightly bitter.
- Note that the base of the leaf must be curvy, wide in the middle, and tapering off toward the end. Make sure that the edge of the leaves is wavy.
- Its length is between 5 and 10 cm.
- It has fine hair on bottom surface of the leaf, but it's best if the hair at the top surface is not too dense that it is rough velvety texture when touched.
- Pick the darker green leaves, but not too dark.